Hello and THANK YOU for stopping by!
The Salvation Army Emergency Food Pantry is looking for an energetic, upbeat, and personable volunteer for the pantry front desk. The Emergency Food Pantry is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am to 12 noon. The volunteer will assist with greeting pantry clients and entering information into our pantry database. The volunteer WILL NOT be required to bag pantry items as we already have a full-time volunteer for that position.
- Greet clients and make them feel welcome
- Have some experience with computers and online databases
- Ask for required documentation (proof of address and proof of household members)
- Enter information into the pantry database
- Complete statistical sheets for each client
Anyone interested in volunteering will be asked to complete a volunteer application that includes a CORI and SORI. All interested volunteers will be trained by the Social Services Director, Danielle LaTaille. Please email or call Danielle if interested: Danielle.LaTaille@use.salvationarmy.org or 413-733-1518 ext. 108. We look forward to making you a part of our team!